Thursday, December 3, 2009

Finishing feels good

I have just wrapped up my second batch of mitts today. The first set was a pair of handspun (by me) mittens for my little monkey as a present. The second was a pair of blue wool lace fingerless gloves for a pal at work. We worked out a little exchange. She's a wonderful beader and made a stunning necklace for one of my girlfriend's wedding this past summer. I promised to make her a bright and cheery pair of fingerless gloves. She's tried on the first for fit (heehee like a glove!) and I will be washing and blocking them out this weekend for presentation to her at work on Monday.

Other gifts I have finished up already for this holiday season are a Jayne (Firefly) hat for my teenager, a pair of cushy wool socks for my mum, and a fuzzy kitty hat for a good friend. As soon as I get the hang of this I will start adding photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment